Chocolate & Orange Fudge Squares Recipe
This is a recipe for some lovely chocolate and orange fudge squares which i have already had one after my tea mmmmmmmmmmmm
- 200g plain chocolate
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 175g butter
- 3 eggs separated
- 140g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and grease a square tin with butter and line it with grease proof paper.
- Put the chocolate, sugar and butter in a pan then heat gently for 5 minutes stirring all the time until it has all completely melted and combined. Leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Next beat the egg yolks, flour, vanilla and the orange zest into the pan until combined.
- Put the egg whites into a metal bowl and whisk away until you achieve stiff peaks. Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it up then fold in the rest of the egg whites until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack then cut into squares.