This is a recipe for Chocolate cookies:
- Wrights chocolate fudge cake mix 500g
- Butter – softened 120g
- Water 3 tbsp
- Chocolate chunks or chips ( I used both )
Place the mix, together with the butter, chocolate chunks and water into a bowl.
Mix to form a dough.
Working on a floured surface cut out the shapes you want for cookies and place on a baking tray spaced apart.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and bake for up to 14 minutes.
Place on a cooling tray to cool completely.
I got lots of things today. First i got a book which features recipes from a baker called John Waithe and its a brilliant book. It features lots and lots of recipes for me to try:
Then i got a catalogue through the post from a company called Almond Art and its all baking supplies. Its cheaper than my local cake store:
Then i went to a local Whsmiths and got these magazines today which are packed full of ideas for me to try:
This is a recipe for some lovely chocolate and orange fudge squares which i have already had one after my tea mmmmmmmmmmmm
- 200g plain chocolate
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 175g butter
- 3 eggs separated
- 140g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and grease a square tin with butter and line it with grease proof paper.
- Put the chocolate, sugar and butter in a pan then heat gently for 5 minutes stirring all the time until it has all completely melted and combined. Leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Next beat the egg yolks, flour, vanilla and the orange zest into the pan until combined.
- Put the egg whites into a metal bowl and whisk away until you achieve stiff peaks. Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it up then fold in the rest of the egg whites until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack then cut into squares.